This May, leading global travel media company Lonely Planet is introducing Best of – a new series of guidebooks, covering some of the world’s most popular countries.
Lonely Planet’s Best of guides unlock each country in style, collecting their best sights, itineraries and local secrets into one easy-to-use package, carefully curated by Lonely Planet’s independent experts.
Published 4 May 2016, Lonely Planet’s Best of guides are designed to be the only toolkits travellers will need for the perfect trip to each country.
Filled with top sights and authentic experiences, the Best of launch titles for May are:
- Best of Australia – Catch an aria at the Sydney Opera House, snorkel the dazzling Great Barrier Reef, learn to surf in Byron Bay or Bondi, spot crocs in Kakadu National Park, or visit Uluru.
- Best of Germany – See storybook castles arise from the Bavarian forest, raise a stein to an oompah band in a Munich beer garden, and take in the vibrant Berlin arts scene.
- Best of Ireland – Slurp oysters and clap hands to spirited fiddle music in a lively Galway pub, explore medieval castles in Dublin and beyond, or set off across vibrant green hills toward Atlantic coastal trails.
- Best of Italy – Take in a gondolier’s sweet song while gliding past Venetian palaces, sample olives and wines while traversing Tuscany’s storybook hills, or be humbled by thousands of years of Roman history and art.
- Best of USA – Be awed by the Grand Canyon, revel in the glitz and glamour of New York City, or devour the diverse cuisines of New Orleans.
Additional titles in the Best of series will be released in the coming months.
Lonely Planet’s Best of guides feature:
- Full-colour images throughout;
- Highlights and itineraries;
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local;
- Essential information, such as hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices;
- Honest reviews for all budgets – eating, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems;
- Cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience;
- Easy-to-use colour maps.
The Best of series is the latest addition to Lonely Planet’s ever-evolving portfolio of guides for every type of trip and traveller.
These also include the iconic ‘blue-spine’ Country Guides (exploring every aspect of a destination), Multi-Country & Region Guides (focusing on a specific region or a few select countries), Shoestring Guides (comprehensive guides with budget recommendations), City Guides (for extended time in one city), Make My Day (mix-and-match city guides with ‘flippable’ itineraries), and Pocket Guides (short city breaks).