This proved to be one of the more challenging competitions with a number of questions extremely hard to research and find correct answers for. Then again, KV from India Heritage and Culture Tours would certainly know his stuff!
“The winners will enjoy a great heritage holiday in India’s most colourful and vibrant state of Rajasthan.
I invite all Aussie Travel Agents to consider taking 9 or 11 day heritage tours of India A gift voucher worth AUD$300 will be offered to each Aussie travel agent who wants to embark on a holiday in Jaipur with the compliments of India Heritage and Culture Tours.
All importantly, the answers:
- Inward-turning ear tips
- Chand Bardai
- Chickpea flour – locally called besan
- Harsh Mata – the Goddess of Happiness
- Forts of Amer, Chittorgarh, Kumbhalgarh,Jaisalmer, Sawai Madhopur / Gagaron
- Vijaydan Detha
- British Author Dr Robert Elgood
- Belonged to the Kachhawah Dynasty. Succeeded by eldest son Raja Malai Dev. Both lived in 12th century AD.
Finally the winner is… Joe Germano of Transair Travel
His prize includes:
- 2 return economy tickets with Scoot to Jaipur
- Transfer from Jaipur International Airport to Hotel Mahal Khandela in an air-conditioned car
- Traditional hotel welcome – showering of rose petals,beating of drums and “tilak”. Rangoli on the hotel entrance and central courtyard
- Rooms in all hotels stocked with wine and beer,fresh and dry fruits, chocolates,juices and mineral water
- Gala dinner,bar-be-cue and unlimited drinks hosted by the owners of Hotel Mahal Khandela. Join in the folk dances and music a famous troupe will perform in your honour on the hotel’s roof-top
- Sumptuous breakfasts,lunches,bar-be-cue and dinners during your trip
- Full-day sight seeing with an escort speaking the language of the guests
- Complimentary Ayurvedic massage
- Climb up Fort Amer on an elephant
- Excursions to the awesome 8th century Chand Baori step-well
- See an enthralling “aarti” being performed to Lord Brahma at the temple town of Pushkar
- See magnificent frescoes of Shekhawti on a walking tour of Mandawa town during your stay at Castle Mandawa
- See tigers at close quarters during a thrilling jeep safari deep into the Ranthambore Tiger