Palm trees & 30 Degrees – roomsXML in Florida
Source = roomsXML.com
Most countries have them; Florida is America’s Sunshine State – and for good reason. Hundreds of kilometres of pristine beaches, estuaries and wetlands (we used to call them swamps until we realised how vital they are !). With a summer average of 33.9 Deg C, and a winter average of 21 Deg C, its no wonder Florida is a mecca for those wishing to dodge the colder climates in other parts of the USA. Florida also has a reputation for retiree heaven complete with white shoes and hats !
Florida has so much more to offer the traveller than just beaches. Culinary delights will please foodies with traditional southern cooking, take the kids to Disney World, and immerse yourself in the space race at Kennedy Space centre, the USA’s space port for the manned space missions in the 60’s and 70’s, home to the Space Shuttle Orbiter Discovery, and a push for mans eventual visit to Mars; a must for all kids !
Top 10 attractions in Florida:
1. Disney World – statistically its number one
2. Sea World, Wet and Wild, Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure, and Discovery Cove in Orlando. roomsXML has 375 Properties in Orlando
3. The Everglades National Park – take an airboat ride through the wetlands.
4. Diving off the many coastal hot spots Florida has to offer
5. Take a cruise from Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa or Port Canaveral. roomsXML has 108 Properties in Fort Lauderdale
6. Visit the Seminole Indian Reservation.
7. Hike the Florida National Scenic Trail.
8. Visit the US Space port at Kennedy Space Centre; take the heritage tours, and have lunch with an Astronaut.
9. Check out the Salvador Dali Museum in St Petersburg
10. Take a day in St. Augustine; the USA’s oldest continual city
And don’t forget to take in some Cuban music and food in Miami ! – you wont be disappointed. roomsXML has 323 Properties in Miami
roomsXML has over 96,000 properties worldwide . If you are unsure about which property to book, always check for the ‘Preferred’ logo next to the hotel; that means its been recommended by other Travel Agents. Thanks for Wikitravel for the tips.