The Duniway rings in first anniversary with the hideaway rooftop
Portland’s favorite lifestyle property puts final touches on transformative renovation while enhancing guest experiences and amenities
The Duniway, a complete departure from a traditional city hotel located in the heart of downtown Portland, today announced the completion of the finishing touches to the property in advance of its one-year anniversary this June. Located a top the 11th floor rooftop, Abigail’s Hideway debuted a guest only private outdoor space, as well as a chic indoor pool and cutting-edge fitness center. New activations in the lively and social downstairs lobby and a recently launched menu of in-room amenities round out the offerings at The Duniway, making it the city’s most desirable destination for visitors and locals alike.
“A year ago we began this journey of creating a unique property in the heart of Portland. It has continued to be about welcoming the public into our lobby and creating memorable activations,” said Eric Walters, General Manager of The Duniway. “With the addition of Abigail’s Hideaway on the rooftop, the indoor pool and gym, we are continuing to provide guests with unexpected guest-only experiences in the middle of downtown while also giving them access to all that this city has to offer. The final amenities and programming The Duniway offers is the punctuation to a wonderful first year with more to come.”
Abigail’s Hideaway Rooftop, Indoor Pool and Fitness Center
The previously raw space on the 11th floor of The Duniway has been transformed to a private guest-only rooftop venue that creates a Zen atmosphere that focuses on wellness and mindfulness. Guest-only access creates an exclusive, relaxing environment that is complemented with fire pits and strings of tea lights. Intimate alcoves are furnished with welcoming sofas and chairs that are sectioned off by lush vegetation. On Saturday mornings, The Duniway invites guests to participate in complimentary yoga classes at Abigail’s Hideaway (weather permitting). During the afternoon, moving into evening, guests are encouraged to try their skills at life sized “Jenga,” creating a playful outdoor space that compliments the public lobby space below. A menu of drinks and light bites are also available from the downstairs bar via a text to order menu.
The indoor pool and fitness center echo the natural aesthetic of Abigail’s Hideaway with warm wood touches, greenery sprinkled throughout and ample natural light streaming in through large windows. The 570 sq. foot pool is flanked by comfortable seating and offers guests a chance to thrive by participating in lap swims and disco water aerobics. Cool grey marble and blue accents enhance the pool’s aquatic and calming setting. The gym features an array of equipment including treadmills, stationary bikes and a designated free weight area.
The Duniway Lobby Activations
The Duniway will reintroduce its monthly #WhosOnTheCouch series featuring prominent local businesswomen and notable Portlanders that have achieved success in their fields. The featured speakers embody the bold, pioneering spirit of Abigail Duniway, the hotel’s namesake. The series invites guests and locals to attend these interactive talks and meet the participants in the hotel’s lobby. The events are designed to be social, encouraging people to meet one another, exchange in meaningful conversation and discover new perspectives. The month of May will feature a series of “Bad Ass Moms” On The Couch followed by prominent LGBTQ Leaders for Pride Month in June.
The Duniway’s 327 guestrooms provide the perfect place to unwind and recharge with spacious accommodations. Guests can enjoy the newly unveiled collection of in-room amenities for every type of guest to take advantage of before heading out for a day of sightseeing, a night on the town or just an afternoon of relaxing en-suite.
- Crunchy Portland: Enjoy a carefully crafted assortment that makes a great snack in bed or on the go. Taste the best of Portlandia with Poplandia popcorn, Rain City Crunch granola and Oregon Rain Bottled Water.
- Shake It Up: Served better shaken, not stirred, this clever assortment of Dogwood D.L. Franklin vodka, Rose City tonic, Bitter Housewives bitters, club soda and a garnish will lead to an eventful start (or finish) to your night. This cocktail care package captivates the provocative nature of Portland and provides the most discerning traveler a convenient way to sip in style.
- Rosé All Day: Rosé season can be every season when staying at The Duniway. Knock back a can of local Underwood rosé while wearing rose colored glasses and reading Rosé All Day by James Beard Award Winner Katherine Cole. Be prepared to see pink!
- Nuts About Beer: Hit the bar without leaving your room with four bottle of Portland’s original Bridge Port craft brew accompanied by Sweet & Salty Albina City Nuts and Olympia Provision Pepporets. Nothing goes together better than nuts and beer!
- Bridgetown: Whether checking in late or too ensconced in your room to leave, order charcuterie featuring local vendors to tide you over until the next meal. Sip on Hazel Fern Pinot Noir while nibbling on three different types of cheese, shaved ham, bread and crackers. Wine and cheese lovers rejoice!
- Indulge: Treat yourself after a long day with house made truffles, warm cookies and a glass of R. Stuart Willamette Valley Brut. The flavor of these home-made goods is unparalleled and the sparking wine is a sure fire to relax and unwind… or as the name states, indulge.
About The Duniway
Situated in the center of one of the country’s most creative cities, one block from the MAX Light Rail Line, The Duniway celebrates the independent and progressive spirit for which Portland is best known. The hotel’s 327 guestrooms are all larger than 310-square feet, providing ample room to unwind and recharge when visiting the city for business or pleasure. This uniquely modern property boldly sets the stage for conversations between urban cyclists, entrepreneurs, locals and travelers alike. The hotel is located at 545 SW Taylor Street, Portland, OR 97204. For reservations, please call (503) 226-1611.
Chef Chris Cosentino’s Jackrabbit will draw inspiration from Portland’s history and feature sustainable materials along with work from local artists in a contemporary setting. Highlighting the area’s rich ingredient sourcing, the restaurant will offer an extensive raw bar, charcuterie program and convivial Shared Suppers including Dry Aged Bone-In Tenderloin with Roasted Mushrooms & Sauce Au Poivre and Whole Fried Hot Chicken with Chicken Scotch Eggs and Pickled Vegetables. The cocktail menu will bring local, small-batch spirits with a special focus on gin varieties. Signature drinks will recall anecdotal elements of Portland history, like the Coin Toss, based on how the city received its name, and served in a grapefruit bowl with yellow chartreuse, lime, grapefruit soda and ginger-infused gin or tequila depending on the bartender’s flip of a coin.
About Hilton Hotels & Resorts
For nearly a century, Hilton Hotels & Resorts has been proudly welcoming the world’s travelers. With more than 575 hotels across six continents, Hilton Hotels & Resorts provides the foundation for memorable travel experiences and values every guest who walks through its doors. As the flagship brand of Hilton, Hilton Hotels & Resorts continues to set the standard for hospitality, providing new product innovations and services to meet guests’ evolving needs. Hilton Hotels & Resorts is a part of the award-winning Hilton Honors program. Hilton Honors members who book directly through preferred Hilton channels have access to instant benefits, including a flexible payment slider that allows members to choose nearly any combination of Points and money to book a stay, an exclusive member discount that can’t be found anywhere else, free standard Wi-Fi, and digital amenities like digital check-in with room selection and Digital Key (select locations), available exclusively through the industry-leading Hilton Honors app. Begin your journey at www.hilton.com and learn more about the brand by visiting news.hilton.com or following us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.