Viking opens all river 2020 to become first line
After releasing selected 2020 Europe river cruising itineraries on 6 June 2018, Viking has opened all Europe river cruises for 2020. The line has done this in response to unprecedented demand, and is the only company to have 2018, 2019 and 2020 all on sale at the same time. Guests can lock in a 2020 cruise at 2018 prices with just a $500 deposit.
Viking had already opened 2020 sailings of Pharaohs & Pyramids and Oberammergau, The Passion Play in March, due to strong demand.
The itineraries just released for 2020 are:
- 8-day Chateaux, Rivers & Wine from $3,495pp
- 12-day Cities of Light from $4,595pp
- 10-day Elegant Elbe from $4,495pp
- 23-day European Sojourn from $9,795pp
- 15-day France’s Finest from $6,195pp
- 8-day Lyon & Provence from $3,295
- 12-day Paris to the Swiss Alps from $5,195
- 11-day Passage to Eastern Europe from $4,695
- 10-day Portugal’s River of Gold from $3,795pp
The 2020 itineraries opened on 6 June were:
- 15-day Grand European Tour from $6,995pp
- 8-day Rhine Getaway from $3,495pp
- 8-day Romantic Danube from $3,295pp
- 8-day Danube Waltz from $3,295pp
- 8-day Paris & the Heart of Normandy from $3,295pp
- 10-day Tulips & Windmills from $4,595pp
- 10-day Holland & Belgium in Bloom from $4,595pp
Michelle Black, Viking Managing Director Australia and New Zealand, commented: “We’re proud to be the first line to have all three seasons open at once due to strong demand. It is reflective of the continued positive response we’ve received from guests, media and trade. Being able book such a great product for 2020 at 2018 prices is fantastic and locking it in for $500 is even better.”
All of Viking’s river cruise itineraries include:
- All onboard meals
- Premium wine and beer with lunch and dinner
- A free shore excursion in every port
- Unlimited free Wi-Fi
- Tipping and gratuities
Viking Longship Features:
- The largest suites on Europe’s rivers
- The most al fresco dining on Europe’s rivers
- Sun Deck, putting green and walking track
- Aquavit Terrace & Lounge – indoor/outdoor viewing area for al fresco dining
- Lounge, bar and restaurant with floor to ceiling windows
This announcement comes on the heels of an impressive list of recent accolades for Viking:
- In February, Viking swept Cruise Critic’s 8th Annual Cruisers’ Choice Awards with 10 First Place honours.
- In 2017, the company was named the #1 ocean cruise line in Travel + Leisure’s 2017 World’s Best Awards
- Viking was voted the Best River Cruise Line by Condé Nast Traveler in the publication’s 2017 Readers’ Choice Awards.
Additional information: Contact Viking Cruises at 138 747 (Australia) and 0800 447 913 (New Zealand) or visit vikingcruises.com.au.