Princess Cruises Debuts Largest Balconies at Sea
Princess Cruises, a pioneer in building cruise ships specifically designed to include an array of the most sought-after shipboard features – the private balcony – continues to innovate by introducing the cruise industry’s largest balconies at sea, available when sailing in the Sky Suites onboard the new Sky Princess, launching in October 2019.
Two Sky Suites accommodations available now for booking onboard Sky Princess, as well as the cruise line’s next new ship, Enchanted Princess, are centrally located on the top decks – the apex of the ship and feature the largest private balconies ever offered by any cruise line. Measuring 94 square metres (starboard side Sky Suite) and 87 square metres (port side Sky Suite), the furnished balconies will provide a private vantage of the ship’s Movie Under the Stars screen and create the ultimate space for entertaining. The two suites will also offer 270-degree panorama views and have sleeping capacity for five guests, and more room for gathering – making them ideal for families.
“We’ve led the way on many innovations in the cruise industry, evolving to meet the needs of today’s guest and of all our new stateroom innovations, we’ve never seen such immediate demand as we are for these Sky Suites,” said Jan Swartz, Princess Cruises’ President. “Our global fleet offers one of the highest percentages of balcony staterooms in the industry, across all cabin categories and now we’re eager for the arrival of the industry’s largest balconies at sea, inviting guests to relax privately or host their very own en-suite celebrations in style.”
Sky Suites feature two bedrooms, two bathrooms and a dining area with a sky-light to the stars. Before Sky Suite guests board their cruise, they can take advantage of a pre-cruise, shoreside concierge. Once onboard, guests will also enjoy Sanctuary services on their balcony, a private suite experience manager, complimentary access to the Lotus Spa’s Enclave, enhanced ultimate balcony dining and even a deluxe telescope for Discovery Stargazing at Sea. More exclusive Sky Suites services will be announced in the coming months.
Sky Princess debuts in the Mediterranean in October 2019 and Enchanted Princess sets sail in Europe in 2020. Both cruise ships, carrying 3660 guests, will include the best of the stunning features found on Royal Princess, Regal Princess and Majestic Princess – as well as new offerings that represent an evolution of the current ships’ designs.
Additional Sky Princess features include:
- Princess MedallionClass™ making your holiday experience better because it’s easier resulting in an effortless, enjoyable and memorable experiences on the first vessel built from the ground up to deliver a new level of personalised service. Enabled by the OceanMedallion, this complimentary wearable device will elevate the guest experience by allowing guests more time to enjoy doing what they love on a cruise holiday.
- Award-winning entertainment offerings, including new jazz lounge Take Five, the popular Vista Lounge, an enhanced Princess Theatre, and new exclusive entertainment options.
- World-class dining with more than 25 restaurants and bars onboard. From the World Fresh Marketplace to guest favourites like the Crown Grill Steakhouse and Sabatini’s Italian Trattoria, offering the Northern Italian flavours of acclaimed chef, Angelo Auriana.
- Contemporary-designed Sanctuary with eight private cabanas – offering an adults-only area for rest and relaxation.
- The Enclave at Lotus Spa. Sky Princess will include Princess’s largest thermal suite at sea – featuring a stunning hydrotherapy pool, heated stone beds, Turkish bath and dry, steam, and aromatherapy chambers.